Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mud & Puddles in Fiordland

Monday 17th September 2012

It had been and raining most of the weekend and today was also wet.  There were many water puddles and mud puddles around the park.
Not far from the car park there was a large puddle of water which one of the children said was "little Lake Henry".  We all thought that it would be great fun to lay in it but decided that we would go back to the car park early at the end of the day to play in it.

After lunch, when the sun was trying to make an appearance we played in the mud puddles near the shed.  It was great fun and soon our yellow and orange jackets were the colour of mud.


Ollie said, "I jumped in the mud, it splashed Judy, didn't it. I got mud all over me cos I was lying down in the mud."

Jazmine said, "I liked playing in the mud, we splashed and we done tricks when we go in the mud."


We went back to the car park early so we could play in the large puddle.  We thought it would be a great way to wash all the mud off our wet weather gear and it DID!!!!.
We had a great time!!!!

Talia siad, "I went in the puddle. I lay-ed down in the puddle to get my hair wet.  It was cold water.  The puddle was up to my knees.  I got all wet.  I did splashed and run in the puddle.  I hope it's still there so I can play in it again."

Ollie said, "I'm in a lake.  I am splashing and sat down.  It was fun because I liked it, I just LIKED it.  If you splash it, it all comes up."

Jazmine said, "I went in the 'lake' and splashed and we tried to swim in the 'lake'.  We just splashed in the 'lake' because I just ly-ed down in the water because I just love it.  Ollie and me, because we are cheeky rascals.  The water was cold but it was fun. I LOVED it."

It was a perfect ending to a great day.  Even though the weather was wet, we still had another fabulous day at Nature Discovery.



No comments:

Post a Comment